This weekend I got a few things going. I started on a little stuffed animal for one of my friend’s babies (well, it’s the demo, come on, the first go at a pattern it’s going to be a little questionable!) which has been my first venture into applique. I’m also working on mastering the ever elusive ladder stitch to close up that little sucker! I also found a store not too far away from me that actually sells feet for my machine. I have a Brother XL 2610 (the cute little pink Brother) and all I have is what came with it. So after a trip to the store, I now have a darning foot and an open toe foot. I didn’t realize the standard foot was having trouble with the satin stitching passing underneath, but now I do, and voila! Problem solved! I plan on going back today after work and getting a 1/4″ seam foot….okay I don’t know if that’s what it’s called, but I’m pretty sure it is! I’m excited, because I feel like with the right tools I can do anything! (insert rainbow star stream overhead) Anyhow, I will be posting some pictures soon, once I play with my new feet.
Here is the link to the pattern I’m using for the little owl.