What I’ve been up to this week.
I finally finished the three quilts for my mom from my uncle’s shirts. I decided if I just buckle down, I don’t have to worry about it still not being finished. The hard work was done, it just needed to be sewn and *gulp* cut. I started to get sick from the little fibers that come out of the shirts when you cut them, but I just muscled through it.
The next backburner project I want to get going on in a quilt from my brother in law’s great (or maybe more great) grandmother. I feel like I’m becoming a real quilt history nerd, and this quilt just tickles my heart. I’m trying to pin down the timeframe on when this quilt was made. I know that the batting is actually a woven table cloth, and it’s all hand sewn. Everything about it says “necessity” to me. It’s been loved for a very long time, and I’m looking to make it last even longer. If you have any insight on this quilt by judging the fabric or anything, let me know!
I’m going to repair the holes using some fitting fabric and making some scattered orange peels and orange peel flowers flowers.
I know this is sort of another WIP post this week, and these aren’t the types of things I normally work on, but I thought I’d keep you up to date on what I’m working on.
Until next time, happy sewing!